Installation Manual. CertainTeed WeatherBoards™ Fiber Cement Siding. Using vinyl undersill trim as a starter, the starter strip must. Most of our vinyl and polymer siding is warranted for the lifetime of the original owner, with the warranty transferable to a new homeowner for as much as 50 years from the date of installation. Vinyl siding, polymer siding, and PVC trim require less maintenance than wood and fibre cement. Review additional green information on our products.
At Noble Roofing, we recommend that our clients only use the best brands to ensure a top-notch job. CertainTeed®, which has been in business for over 100 years, is on our list of trusted siding vendors. In fact, it’s the leading brand in North America for both exterior and interior building products. This includes (but isn’t limited to) siding, decks, fences, rails, trims, insulation, roofing, and ceilings. If you’re thinking about remodeling your property or protecting a new construction, CertainTeed is a brand that stands by its reputation for quality and resilience.
Sidings to Suit Any Need
If you’re looking for a brand of siding that’s going to hold up to extreme conditions yet look great for years, CertainTeed’s a brand that’s worth the investment. In fact, the company continually tests their products at its headquarters to increase their performance. CertainTeed offers a variety of siding products to match countless architectural designs and building needs, satisfying both residential and commercial aesthetics.
Styles of Siding
- Shake and Shingle- Cedar shingles create a highly desirable look that many homeowners want. However, the painstaking upkeep involved with wooden siding can be stressful. Not only is wood susceptible to moisture damage and termites, it also needs to be painted, refinished, or stained to keep its look. Thankfully, CertainTeed’s Cedar Impressions shake and shingle siding features the most authentic wood look in the industry, using patented TrueTexture™ technology. These shingles are made of sturdy vinyl or polymer, giving them the beautiful look of cedar without the nuisances of organic materials. There are plenty of colors and textures to choose from that will make your property look great. For example, CertainTeed’s CedarLife Color Blends have bold shades and patterns that don’t need to be painted to stay vibrant.
- Horizontal- One of the most popular exterior looks for a single-family home is horizontal siding. This aesthetic is timeless, sturdy, and comes in a variety of colors and textures. CertainTeed’s horizontal siding is available in diverse product lines, such as the Monogram, which has over 30 colors in different textures to choose from. Installation is even easier with the brand’s CertiLock™ self-aligning locks that keep the siding securely fastened to each other. In addition, the patented STUDfinder™ solution makes securing the siding easier and more accurate than ever. Enjoy never needing to paint this evergreen siding style that can resist wind speeds up to 220 mph! (For your reference, category 5 hurricanes start at 156 mph).
- Vertical- Buildings that don’t quite embrace the shingle or horizontal look usually favor the third option: vertical planks. These elegant panels look great with smooth, modern textures but also are charming in faux wood (as seen in the Chamfer Board™ product line). CertainTeed’s variety of vertical siding looks great in wide panels as well as narrow ones. You’ll have a good selection of widths, styles, and colors to choose from. You can also experiment with alternating with different widths for a bit of fun. As with the other two styles of siding, vertical siding also comes in polymer or vinyl, making it incredibly easy to maintain.
Outstanding Product Features
- Composite Siding- If you’ve been wondering if there’s a material even stronger than fiber cement, then you’ll be pleased to know that there is, and it’s called composite. CertainTeed’s ICON™ line offers a new composite material that’s flexible, resilient, and beautiful. Composite siding is synthetic, but it has an added formulation that makes it immune to rot, mold, or decay. The company has rigorously tested this new material to prove its unbelievable resistance to moisture and expansion– which is unlike anything the world has seen before! This material can also look just like wood with the TrueTexture™ finish or can come in other texture varieties.
- Insulated Siding- Do you live in a noisy neighborhood or in a climate that can get extremely hot or cold?Then insulated siding may be just what you need to cut out exterior noises and keep your home comfortable.Interiors that are challenging to keep at a comfortable temperature can also benefit from this extra insulation. With insulated siding, it’ll take less energy to keep your home at the perfect temperature. This product, equipped with rigid thermal foam, is available in a variety of styles and colors to ensure a perfect match. This includes TrueTexture™ planks, which are patterned from real cedar boards. You would think that the extra foam makes the installation more difficult, but CertainTeed’s patented STUDfinder™ makes it easy to secure the siding into place correctly.
Though CertainTeed doesn’t offer any inferior products, they do sell different degrees of quality of siding. This is to make sure that clients of all budgets and construction needs can access the right product at a price that matches the job’s requirements. So where do you start if you simply need a good product, and what do you buy if you need the best siding available?
Good: Mainstreet Vinyl Siding
The MainStreet™ line offers quality vinyl siding in 24 different colors and seven versatile styles. When selecting this product, homeowners can get a great value for what they invest.
You can find Mainstreet siding in these styles. (By the way, if you have any questions about what a “triple 3” means, our recent blog, Siding 101, can guide you through all the terminology you need to know when discussing siding with your contractor).
- Triple 3″ Brushed Clapboard
- Double 4″ Woodgrain Clapboard
- Double 5″ Woodgrain Clapboard
- Double 4″ Woodgrain Dutchlap
- Double 5″ Woodgrain Dutchlap
- Single 6 1/2″ Brushed Beaded
- Single 8″ Woodgrain Clapboard
Hp rg 0983 driver. MainStreet offers these desirable features:
- Natural woodgrain/brushed appearance
- Patented STUDfinder™ makes installation easy and secure
- RigidForm™ 160 technology can withstand winds up to 160 mph
- DuraLock™ post-formed lock design 9/16″ panel projection
- .042″ thickness
- Never needs painting
- Class 1(A) fire rating
- Lifetime limited warranty
Better: Carolina Beaded
The Carolina Beaded line offers vinyl siding that has been reproduced from real hand-crafted boards. It’s thicker than the MainStreet line which makes more intricate patterns and grooves possible in its designs. Therefore, it can resemble the beauty of wood better. Here are the product line’s specifications:
- Comes in 16 different colors
- STUDfinder™ Installation System makes installation easy and accurate
- Post-formed lock design helps provide secure installation
- Low- maintenance
- Never needs painting
- 3/4″ panel projection
- .044″ thickness
- Class 1(A) fire rating
- Lifetime limited warranty
Monogram is CertainTeed’s premium siding line that comes in 45 colors and 3 styles. It boasts one of the highest returns on your investment of any siding installation: 76.4%. Its supreme thickness allows you to get incredibly rich detail in your siding. If you want to fully replicate the wood look without the upkeep and pitfalls that come with organic siding, then Monogram is the product for your home. Here are some of the line’s characteristics:
- RigidForm™ technology can resist winds up to 220 miles per hour!
- PermaColor™ for lifetime fade protection
- TrueTexture™ allows a natural woodgrain finish
- STUDfinder™ for precision installation that’s easy and secure
- CertiLock™ snaps the panels together for a snug fit
- Deep panel projection makes this siding extra rigid
- Enhanced shadow lines
- 0.046″ thickness
Extra Offerings from CertainTeed
- Vinyl trim- To give your property the finishing touch it needs to look complete, CertainTeed offers a good selection of sturdy vinyl trims.
- Soffit- The soffit, or the protective board underneath the exposed parts of your roof, provides crucial ventilation to keep your home in good shape. Install a good soffit the first time to keep pests and moisture out of your attic and roof.
- House Wrap- Though CertainTeed siding is already mold and water-resistant, it can’t hurt to add an extra layer of protection around your home. Before you install the outer siding, a house wrap will defend your home against moisture penetration and other outdoor elements that can threaten the integrity of your property. It also can make your home more energy-efficient by providing valuable insulation against extreme temperatures.
Siding Replacement or Repair in Northern Virginia
Whether you’re looking for better form or function, or simply feel that a new siding is in order, trust Noble Roofing, the preferred choice for roof replacement in Centreville VA and surrounding cities. Give us call at (703) 404-0505 to speak with our roofing and siding experts. You can also request a free estimate through our online request form today.
- воскресенье 26 апреля